This Recipe can be made in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot or on the stove.
- 1 1/2 lbs organic, free range chicken breasts
- Sea salt and pepper to season chicken
- 3 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms, white or baby bella or shiitake (or a combination)
- 1 small white onion (you can use shallots or leek or a combo of all 3)
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic (more if you like a stronger garlic taste)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups stock, broth or bone broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 tsp arrowroot starch (for thickening)
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach or broccoli or kale or other greens
- 1/2-1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add small amount of oil to a pot. Add chicken to hot oil and brown both sides.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot. Once hot, add onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth/stock and Italian seasoning to pot. Stir well to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add chicken to broth and cook on medium heat. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove from pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix arrowroot and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add coconut milk mixture to mushrooms and mix well. Allow for sauce to thicken. If sauce becomes to thick, add more broth or stock.
- Taste and season as needed.
- Add greens. Stir just enough for greens to slightly wilt.
- Slice chicken and add back to sauce.
- Serve over riced cauliflower, quinoa, brown rice or any other whole grain.