The theme for November is “Gratitude”.
Talk to your kids about what gratitude means. Here are some ideas to remind you why your family should be grateful.
- Gather food items from your pantry or the supermarket and donate to a soup kitchen or food bank.
- Find a family in need and donate a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Have every family member write or draw what they are grateful for and have them read aloud at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for fall items such as different colored leaves, pine cones, pine needles, etc.
- Take a fun family photo to use for your holiday card.
- Participate in a turkey trot.
- Donate clothes or old books to a local shelter or children’s center.
- Make Thanksgiving decorations decorate the house and the table.